1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Was Melissa Stark cryogenically frozen since she last worked in football? She looks exactly the same.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Madden doc was the first time I'd seen her in eons.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, right. I have seen her semi-recently in that.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Losing Tyron Smith has killed the Cowboys offense.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

One of those guys was a Super Bowl MVP in his career, the other has played about 12 games in the NFL with the worst collection of offensive skill in the league so I'm going to give him time to truly sink. Neither threw four picks in a half. As long as a coach is trying to keep his job he isn't going to run the four-picks-in-a-half guy out on the field.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The insertion of Tirico makes Collinsworth even more grating. I'm not sure why, but it does.

Kato likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In my days of covering a football beat, I often heard the suggestion that a torn pectoral muscle was an especially common injury among heavy steroid users. I wonder if that's still the case. I suspect the hard-core steroids that were associated with those injuries 20 years ago are not as common in the NFL as they used to be.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL
    Okay
    Flacco looked super impressive today. After all, he won a super bowl mvp a month after the 2nd Obama inauguration. Super relevant to the NFL 10 seasons later.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

totally agree

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Pics or GTFO.

11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

The NBC producer who had Hootie's "Old Man and Me" cued for the bumper music after a Brady TD couldn't wait to pull that trigger.

Well done.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I am struggling to see why you are taking such offense to a coach deciding not to put mighty Mike White out on the field. He started a few times, once he threw four interceptions in a half and he stopped starting. It makes sense.

Believe me I'm not endorsing Joe Flacco 2K22 as what you would want to roll out on Week 1, but I also understand why there's apprehension about the guy who threw four picks in a half last time he started.

Draft saved Draft deleted