1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Isn’t Maggie Hassan presumed to keep that seat, especially after Sununu decided not to run?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hassan probably wins, especially if Republicans get a MAGA type as the nominee. The southern third of the state, where everyone lives, is filled with Mass. transplants who won’t vote for that. The attack ads on the non-MAGA guy are shitting all over Mitch McConnell, big surprise.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So Trump has mysteriously flown into DC tonight?

UNCGrad likes this.
  4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I see Beschloss is tweeting a bunch about presidents flying into DC. What do we think this means?

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, that shouldn't be hard. He has always looked like he smells pretty bad, anyway.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump showing up for a deposition, maybe? Or even to testify before the J6 Committee?

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He's not very close to South Bend. I believe he and Chasten are somewhere near Traverse City, which is a pretty red part of the state but also very rich.

It's challenging, no doubt. I've always thought it's because progressive and inclusive theology is simply harder to explain. It's much easier to just proof-text the shit out of Leviticus and Romans than it is to explain all the other irrelevant commands in Leviticus or explain that the concept of an egalitarian homosexual relationship was basically foreign to New Testament times or deep-dive into Greek. And honestly, very little of it is theology. I'd argue that at least 75% of people go to church to reinforce beliefs that they developed outside or well before they darkened the door of a church.

9. Machine Head

Those golf shoes?

Tighthead likes this.
  10. Machine Head

He's got a club in the area I'm reading online.

No idea if that's true and I'm going to bed.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Golf shoes on the plane stands out as weird. The people accompanying him don't seem to be dressed to the standard he usually requires.

I'm wondering if he's been summoned before a grand jury? I don't see handcuffs or prisoner in custody type behavior.

Could be hospital, but he'd pass a dozen of them to come to one in DC.

12. Machine Head

No way to know what's going on. Something or nothing.

Here's a link to a former staffer, more information in the thread.

Now I am logging off.

Draft saved Draft deleted