1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Years ago, that used to be the “tell” for “she is sending us a sports tape because some prof told her that’s how to get to Access Hollywood faster but she doesn’t really know what she’s talking about.”

It works for Maria Taylor.
    That makes me old.

MileHigh and Batman like this.
  2. exmediahack

Mike McCarthy looks like the manager just told him they’re out of cheese fries.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hermes likes this.
  4. exmediahack

Shhhh! We could have Drew Brees.

Wait. I’d actually like that.

A booth with Chris Myers, Jason Witten and Drew Brees.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Find a spot for Tim Brando and you’ve got the Four Horsemen of the Football Apocalypse. The ultimate test of whether people will watch regardless of the announcing crew.

MileHigh and exmediahack like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've never had much patience for steroid accusations based on such flimsy evidence, even less so in this case.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If there's something to criticize the Jets about, it's that the best they could do for back-ups were Flacco and White. Wilson missed four games because of injury last year, his only year in the league. I don't think it was unreasonable to hedge against another injury with a higher quality backup than Flacco.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nor do I. My comment isn't evidence and isn't intended to be. For all I know, such linkage could be total garbage. Just saying that if somebody wonders about pectoral muscle tears, that linkage is what they're insinuating.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a disaster for NBC.
    You get the embarrassment of 3-12, then you get Collinsworth sounding like he just finished off a carton of Lucky Strike unfiltereds.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jones should be on the phone to Lynch before he takes his next sip of JW Blue.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

And that’s a very very good thing.

12. exmediahack

Melissa is from my generation. Good to see her out there, handling the two-question interviews.

Draft saved Draft deleted