1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Come on , it’s in a driving rainstorm that would put the Bay Area out of a drought for 10 years!!! Giv the dude a break. He didn’t fumble inside the 15; didn’t let some dude run around for 40 yrs then leave the WR WIDE OPEN!! The D got fat on its 1st half and thought the Bears would just roll over. Where was the effort??

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's not hypersensitivity to announcers. It's not wanting to hear an announcer like he is gargling phlegm.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meh. I consider the source of the accusation and I don't think that logic was the motivation.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

She’s been hiding on the NFL Network

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I actually liked Brando’s radio show when it was on CBS sports network and he’d have every college coach under the sun on
    That was before I knew he was a RWNJ

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

A friend of mine texted me something that also hinted at this -- or, he said, maybe it's genetics. Look, players get hurt. Pass rushers seem to get hurt a lot -- pecs, knees, backs, necks, brains, etc., etc.

I tweeted this yesterday: The goddamned miracle of the NFL is that someone isn't taken off the field on a cart after every play.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was sort of my point. Football players get hurt. To leap to the assumption it is anything other than bad luck and/or genetics reeks of somebody being a dick.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dale out 6-8 weeks.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Daboll's 1-0.

McAdoo went 11-5.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's the deal with next weeks MNF split double-header? I can understand not doing it on the first week - like they traditionally have - with the Emmys going on tonight - but odd that they're not doing and East coast, west coast thing.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dolphins will be interesting with Hill, and a maturing Tua.

AFC is loaded with the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Chargers (who will contend), Ravens, Dolphins.

Draft saved Draft deleted