1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You want us to refund the cost of your SJ.com thong?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I got the codpiece. Cameo is my spirit animal.

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay and dixiehack like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprised Wilson didn't scramble more - 1 carry for 2 yards? And more than 100 yards in penalties on Denver? I don't know if Seattle is any better than people thought, but I think Denver is much worse than people thought.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

One thing about the Broncos is they didn't play starters pretty much at all in the preseason. So the rust was apparent, especially with the mistakes.

That said, with as tough as the AFC West is losing a game to someone you should beat is not a good look, even if Week 1. I think it will get cleaned up, but they better not take too much time doing so. Or, yeah, maybe not really that much improved.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Even with all those penalties, and the two fumbles, they had a decent chance to get more yardage and create a more makable FG attempt. Three time outs, about 45 or so seconds left if they had immediately called time out.

After all they traded for Wilson and all they're paying him, you'd think the coach would be confident he could convert on 4th and 5.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

All the moderators got these a few years ago, after about a dozen visits to Panama City Beach mine completely fell apart. Whatever happened to quality?

dixiehack likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm generally skeptical of "bright, young, offensive minds" who get full credit for success with a QB who was a future HOFer before they even entered the room.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You mean running a WR sweep with the game's best RB left twiddling his thumbs is not how you'd have gone for a crucial short-yardage first down?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That really was a horrendous play call. I watched the end of that game with my brothers-in-law, both Giants fans. We were laughing.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that was part of the Bengals' problem Sunday, too. They were not ready for the start of that game. The only thing that saved them from being blown out is the crappiness of the Steelers' offense.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Then give sone love to Coach Carroll who beat a HOFer

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The first SJ.com post sent from the dark side of the moon.

We did it, guys.

Reminds me of the guy who called the paper complaining when we stopped holding up the printing of our Saturday front page three hours to get Friday night’s lottery drawing.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted