1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hackett -- rightly -- is getting torched here this morning. I'm still beyond pissed off. That was the worst end-of-game situation I've ever seen. Unbelieveable.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The reason I love the Manningcast is it’s watching a person with extreme OCD being forced to watch a toddler knock over their dominoes display they’ve spent 12 hours setting up.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

His post-game was amazing. Completely oblivious to how ridiculous he was in that game

MileHigh likes this.
  4. MileHigh

Saw it this morning because I was so pissed last night.

5. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

You got in the horse racing, though, right?

Hermes likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes likes this.
  7. MileHigh

JFC, Hackett still defending it this afternoon.

Edit: I opened the presser late and he was still talking about his "plan." He said at the beginning that in hindsight, they should have gone for it.

No shit, Sherlock.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think you can draw a pretty straight line between Denver not playing starters at all during the preseason and Seattle's two TDs. Once the Broncos got the rust shaken off, the Seattle offense did little to nothing in the second half. Everyone is talking about the odd call by Denver at the end (and rightly so), but it overshadows the reality that Seattle could easily be as bad as expected. They'll get a good litmus test with San Francisco.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Geno Smith is getting a lot of credit for that win, when he had 31 yards passing in the second half. Take away his longest pass for 38 yards, and he's at 5.8 YPA, His next longest passes were 15, 18 and 25 yards. If he's still Captain Checkdown, teams are going to catch on pretty quick.

Draft saved Draft deleted