1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When trump dies can we all sing “Donnie’s in a box” at a football game?

TigerVols and Slacker like this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t know if it is related, but a subpoena can be challenged but a search warrant is basically a finding by a judge that the search can take place ASAP.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Right. That is what is confusing me. Once someone posted that there was a warrant, I understood what had happened.

But Lindell was going on about a grand jury subpoena. And the FBI grabbing his phone if they were serving a subpoena didn't add up. Then the story that said the FBI said there was a search warrant was seemlessly talking about a warrant and a grand jury subpoena for the phone. Which is confusing. There has to be an explanation for what is going on.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There could be both I guess. The grand jury issues a subpoena but independently law enforcement seeks a search warrant for the same property.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Or perhaps Lindell did not respond to a subpoena, so the FBI got a warrant, much as what happened in the Mar-a-Lago search.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That might actually make sense. Thx.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Donnie is running out of friends, so he has no choice but to embrace the few he has left - no matter how nutty they are.

(snicker)

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think subpoenaing/searching everyone at the same time is really smart. Maybe unintentional, but smart. Folks get less time to coordinate stories. That's a lot bigger pool of possible flippers, which should scare smart people who've been subpoenaed/searched.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It amazes me the number of these idiots who use cell phones/texts and email to converse about illegal activity.
    I haven't done anything that would prompt someone to subpoena my phone, but if I did, I promise there wouldn't be any record of it on there.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well now you've done it. Because that's just what someone who has done something subpoena-worthy would say.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If they were in Mankato, no doubt "that fucking Flowers" was in on the raid too, assisting the Feebs.

Machine Head and Slacker like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

So you're telling me I shouldn't have taken a selfie on the grassy knoll?

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted