1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They get a few things wrong there. For one, there are multiple beer distributorships in Texarkana - like the Molson Coors one on Broad Street. And there are liquor stores in Texarkana.

Driftwood and TowelWaver like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had them in California when I was younger. Unique architecture. Last one I saw, years ago, had been repurposed into a Vietnamese place.

Machine Head likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There were Red Barns in WNY, we had one in my hometown.

"When the hungries hit, when the hungries hit, hit the Red Barn."

HanSenSE and Machine Head like this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Red Barn: Western New York :: Red Robin: Northern California

Machine Head likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We have Red Robin in Maryland. Like it. Fuddruckers was good too. Out of business.

Cook Out is good but they seem to avoid anything North of Virginia.

Octave likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not sure how they compare to others, but one Cook Out meal will take care of your weekly caloric needs.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sounds like Habit Burger. Have never left one without half my order in a doggie bag.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Especially in the Deep South, the interstate system in 1977 was hardly a finished product. Except for arrival in Atlanta, I don’t remember them ever going through any cities like Birmingham, Memphis or Little Rock. And it would make sense they were trying to obscure their route of travel, not only because they were trying to lose Sheriff Justice, but because enforcement was more rigorous then in the age of ICC bureaucracy. You can’t just plug in the Google Maps coordinates 45 years later and run with it.

Inky_Wretch and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pages of fast food bullshit but no one can post the final score of a 1 point football game. Lack of editors isn't the problem.

And Del Taco has A tier fries.

TigerVols and MileHigh like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

President Biden checks out the electric Corvette at the Detroit auto show today

[​IMG]

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When people called the sports desk in the Good Ole Days wanting a score, we told them to buy a paper.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That used to annoy the heck out of me. Either go to the game, check the website later or buy the paper the next day.

One time, circa 2001-ish, we had a soccer team in the state playoffs. We ran multiple feature stories in the week leading up, with boxes touting the website and a phone hotline where people could call and get updates.

Instead, we had nearly 50 calls to our main sports line, wanting updates. They got transferred to the hotline. Annoying as hell that they didn’t bother to read the stories or call the hotline.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted