1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Speaking of immigration . . .

18 days until wife stands to lose her job because of an expired green card/failure to provide eligibility for employment. We applied for 10-year renewal 18 and a half months ago (processing times were said to be 6-11 months). After online chat with agent, case apparently was "escalated" on Monday, with a reply that we should hear something within 72 hours about making an appointment in Orlando to get her passport stamped with a one-year extension. That was 100 hours ago, and still nothing. Absolutely impossible to speak to a live person.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wait, they're kissing the migrants out of the Vineyard? How sweet!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Government bureaucracy sucks. Social Security is yanking my mom around about an issue we thought was settled years ago. Good luck pushing someone for a resolution. I assume you already turned to your local congresscritter's office?

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I think places like the Vineyard, anyway, had a reputation for locals wanting 'outsiders' to buzz off after a certain length of time.

'Jaws': Martha's Vineyard Residents Were Sick of the Cast and Crew After 159 Days of Filming

DeSantis is who he is, and broken inside. He will also be more fun to needle than Trump.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If that needle contains a heavy dose of fentanyl, I’m all for it.

2muchcoffeeman, heyabbott and Cosmo like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No big deal

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m sure it’s fine.

10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Holy shirt the Asshole-ness (and racism) of so many Americans really comes out in the comments online on the immigrant shipping story involving the dick governors of florida and Texas.

Smallpotatoes and wicked like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Must be one hell of a bus.

garrow likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder how the 2,610 Trump voters on MV (out of 12,588 ballots) feel about this stunt? Are they cheering it?

Draft saved Draft deleted