1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Do you think the people who need to see this Ken Burns documentary about the Holocaust are actually watching it? Or since it's on PBS instead of NewsMax they won't?

Smallpotatoes and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Wow, if he actually said that he is winnowing Vance's electorate down to the pure MAGA nugget.

They'll have to turn out 110 percent like they did in 2004 to win.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ask for a "K." Three of them will help you solve the puzzle.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I learned this weekend that Qanon has a theme song and Trump's team is playing a song that sounds almost identical to it.

We are living in the dumbest part of the multiverse.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Quick! While they're all in one place!

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

About 15 years ago, I posted here, asking what was inspirational about Limbaugh.

Somebody told me it was an elitist comment.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

"J.D. is kissing my ass..."

Geez, that sounds like a President, now, doesn't it?:rolleyes:

These posts are making me sick.

Seriously, how stupid/idiotic can all these people be? It really is scary, and I wish the Democrats would come up with a legitimately good candidate about whom people can get genuinely excited.

Trump lost the election, he would not make a good President, and he has actually proven that. He needs to go away, and these people need to let it happen. Then, maybe even the Republicans could/would come up with a new, better candidate, too.

Tarheel316 and matt_garth like this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think Biden is legitimately doing about as good a job as a Democrat can in this environment. I don't think Warren or Sanders or anyone else would have leveled things out as well as he has, and I think he has some major accomplishments as President. I don't expect him to give way to Kamala or anyone else because, frankly, it's exceedingly rare for a man to willingly walk away from power. But, holy crap, he is old.

I love Biden as a man, an American and as a public servant. What a rare life he has led. He deserves far more honor, respect and admiration than this country will give him.

All of that said, I'd like to see him find the best way to move the party and the country forward without him in the Oval.

And I'd like to see Americans as a whole never vote for a President over the age of 60 ever again.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is almost exactly how I feel. Biden has actually done a good job, with some good achievements and strong, steady stands that were needed, whether people realized it, or not. And they haven't, apparently. He should be getting more support than he is, poll-wise, and should have been all along. And he definitely deserves respect that he has not gotten, after following in Trump's footsteps and having to deal with all the problems left over from him (of course Trump also is largely why he's not getting more respect, too).

If it comes down to him against Trump, you better believe I'll be voting Biden in again. But I do think he's just getting past the age of being effective and of people supporting him, not even because he's the President, if for no other reason, and I wish the Democrats would present another good option.

Of course, I also think Trump would be too old, too, for that matter. An age limit for the presidency (starting and/or ending it) needs to be implemented. This was never an issue in, well, olden days, when people didn't live so long, but it needs to become a consideration now, for reasons of physical and mental health, and the country's well-being when it comes to matters of relatability and a grasp of modern technology and more forward-looking visions.

bigpern23, TigerVols and Driftwood like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread.

TigerVols and garrow like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think the last round of stimulus was a grave political mistake that made inflation way worse than it would’ve been otherwise, but his principled withdrawal from Afghanistan (which I questioned myself) was quietly admired even by the right, his measured steadiness and behind the scenes bolstering of Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression is proving the correct tact.

All that said, the Supreme Court’s overreach was what prevented the November landslide. The court was as clueless about Americans’ opinions on abortion as the Left was that such a mass of Trumpists existed in 2016.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted