1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Anybody live in a southern border state? I have no idea it is a difficult situation and immigration policy needs work. How bad is it? How much of it is Republican exaggeration? How much of it is Democrat denial?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

garrow and Webster like this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’ve been to the southern border states, they have the best landscapers, kitchen workers, dry wallers, hotel and restaurant staff. They have sone amazing Foodtruck too. I wish they’d bus sone of their workers to my area. There is a need for workers who don’t feel that they are too good to do their jobs. We need people who show up, work a full day for a full day’s pay and not feel threatened when you need them to do their job rather than yell at their kids on the phone or complain to their friends that their baby daddy only brings food for his kid, not the other kids who live with his baby momma.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Did I wander in from Stormfront? What the actual fuck?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife is 15 days away from becoming illegal because a 10-year green card renewal application sent almost 19 months ago has not been processed. Last Monday our case ostensibly was escalated to urgent, meaning someone will contact you within 72 hours to make an appointment at the Orlando field office for a passport stamp that extends status for one year.

It has been more than a week. No contact. This fucking place takes better care of the illegals than it does the legals.

At least the Florida DMV was generous and gave her a license until 2030. North Carolina made her expiration date the green card expiration date. If we still lived in NC she wouldn't be able to drive to her job . . . which she stands to lose anyway.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

See also:
    “Tahiti Torment”
    “Cape Cod Calamity”

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Cape C.O.D. (Conservatives Order Detour)

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

abduction

abduction

Abduction means the taking of a person against their will, generally by means of persuasion, fraud, or force.

https://popular.info/p/the-smoking-gun-in-marthas-vineyard

The allegation that the migrants were misled is legally significant. It would mean that the flights were not just heartless, but potentially criminal. If the migrants were misled, the scheme to transport them to Martha's Vineyard could constitute fraud, false imprisonment, or kidnapping. "There is absolutely the possibility of both civil and criminal liability if people were lied to about where they were going [or] what they were going to get when they got there," lawyer Susan Church told Politico.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

They obviously did Nazi it coming.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted