1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Great.

What do you guys think of the brochure?

Just the sort of thing we need out of government, right? I mean: he did manage to own the libs, and you guys got to point out how dumb the tweet was.

That’s what’s really important here.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For the record, I think @Justin_Rice is hella good peeps, but I can't help it that I yam who I yam and that sometimes that bugs the shit out of him.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

For the record: Your posts on the topic feel a little bit like, “other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?”

Ultimately I know you’re not a Trumpist and to have raised such excellent offspring, you at least must have had enough sense to let your wife be the boss.

Is it too hard to say, “Fuck what have we done to turn the GOP into this?”

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just because he doesn’t live to PWN the libs doesn’t mean he’s gonna just hand us a win.

bigpern23, Fred siegle and dixiehack like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As is the case with so many things political, my conscience is clear re: immigration in general and this ... bit/episode/kerfuffle/outrage ... in particular. Far as I know, 'round here I am the only advocate for practically open borders, and I'd wager folding money I'm at the 99th percentile as re: daily interactions with immigrants, current or former, documented or no. Not to mention other things I do for the benefit of immigrants which are, no offense intended, none of your damn doggone business.

Although @Azrael did me the favor of clarifying that the benefits pointed to in the brochure (stipulating its authenticity) were not actually on offer to these immigrants, I remain profoundly skeptical that such is a "smoking gun" re: the liability, criminal or otherwise, of DeSantis et al. If that is "defending" DeSantis et al., well, so be it.

And given how much weight tweets (!!!!!) carry 'round here, it seems worthwhile to note when one seems particularly full of shit.

OscarMadison and bigpern23 like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Pearl Jam's drummer is apparently a man of many talents.

I Should Coco, garrow and swingline like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Better in Pearl Jam or Soundgarden?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why Go there?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll subscribe to your newsletter. ... re: practically open borders.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Justin_Rice

Hey the good news is DeSantis has shown California exactly how to deal with its homeless problem.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ship them to Florida?

Mr. Sluggo and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  12. Justin_Rice

First gotta print some brochures advertising all the benefits Florida is handing out to the homeless.

garrow and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted