1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Looks like Fort Myers might be in the crosshairs.

[​IMG]

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Obviously, the track could shift this far out, but that's not the good quadrant to be in.

Plus, getting a hurricane in the middle of the night. Sanibel. Captiva. Cape Coral. I'm just about to send the deposit for the RV park in Palmetto, except there may not be an RV park there when the mail arrives.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Driftwood

I mentioned it the other day, but what the heck is it with hurricanes making landfall in the middle of the night? The dang things literally are monsters that go bump in the dark.

tea and ease and maumann like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Crap. The latest track shows it slowing down and gaining strength. Now forecast to make landfall on Wednesday. Hang in there, Jake from State Farm.

Liut likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Right now it looks like it’s heading south of Tampa
    We’ll know more in a day or so

Liut and maumann like this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've got a friend through hockey who lives in Newfoundland. Sent him word that I'm thinking about him.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There is a non-zero chance that Greenland could see tropical storm force winds. Of course up there I’m sure they just consider it an early Nor’easter.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My guess is the fashion rule in Greenland is that men can't wear white after July 1.

maumann and dixiehack like this.
  10. Driftwood

My wife is sort of panicky because something she saw on twitter has the storm crossing Florida, picking up steam along the Georgia coast, then slamming into the Old North State along Onslow Bay. IE: our house.
    Hopefully I'm right, and that geometry doesn't add up.

11. Driftwood

Oh, and at least whatever makes landfall will be Ian because Hermine formed in the eastern Atlantic.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Either way, they still misspelled “Hermione” again.

PaperDoll and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted