1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Had a 2-0 in the area tonight.
    Actual 48 minute game. Not a forfeit.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Came pretty close in Southwest Kansas tonight.

Lakin scored a safety early and then it became a slugfest. Cimarron's field-goal try hit the upright at the horn, from what I've heard.

Lakin 2, Cimarron 0.

It was a decent night. No rain.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My white hat tonight had a flag for a kid throwing a punch. Came up to the kid and asked, "Why'd you punch him?"

"Because he called me a bitch."

Thanks for the confirmation.

Also, I was in an 8-2 game last week late in the third quarter but we did not end in a scorigami.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Dallas Skyline scored 7 points in its loss tonight.

Had a field goal, a safety and a blocked PAT return for 2 points. No TD.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Morton Ranch 77, Cinco Ranch 63. This was more Isner vs. Mahut than anything else - they're fringe playoff contenders - although both teams play in Texas' 6A. One punt. Also, really glad I did not have to cover this one, ha...

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had what I call a "Mission Control" night last night. All of our local schools were on the road and too far out to even think of covering, so I worked from home and fired up a couple of livestreams and a radio feed to cover three games simultaneously.
    And then thanked God that was how this one worked out.
    One game ended by 9:15, the second around 9:40. The last one started at 7:40, went to overtime after the locals blew a big lead late, and didn't end until 10:45. If that had been a home game I probably would have been there and beyond screwed as far as deadline goes. As it was I was able to get the other two filed while the last game was finishing, and stayed on schedule. Even made deadline with 15 minutes to spare.

I may need to have a talk with this team's coach. This is the fourth game they've played and the third that ended at 10:45 or later, for various reasons (a late start, weather delays, and now overtime). The only reason the fourth one didn't get there was because they stopped a game-tying two-point conversion in the final minute, at about 9:55 p.m. I appreciate the drama, coach, but we've got a schedule to keep.

dixiehack and sgreenwell like this.
  7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

The Hawkeyes are impressed.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Brian, we need to get us one of those blocked PAT’s.” - Kirk Ferentz

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Beat me to it!

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Had a rivalry between Denver schools today that dates to 1903.

They were kind to show us how the game was played in 1903 (14-6 final).

sgreenwell, maumann and Batman like this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not a score, but some numbers to wow you. It's fun to catch a few minutes of an Oil City game, just to see how quickly he'll pop a 75-yard run.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Which schools?

Draft saved Draft deleted