1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In a way, I'm disappointed because I am ready to retire Hermine after seeing her every six years. (We still may. We'll see.)

"I" storms are always a heap of trouble. Ike, Ida, etc.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And don't forget that nasty bitch Irma.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The "Fs" - Fran, Floyd, and Florence- and "Hs" - Hazel and Hugo - have been particularly bad on the Carolinas.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

My daughter is at school in Halifax. Waiting for a morning message as to how things are for her.

Liut likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The GFS has the track up toward Big Bend area and then into Georgia. The Euro still has it hitting SW Florida and crossing the state.
    Everybody likes meteorology, but I have always found it funny that Euros even pay that much attention to Atlantic hurricanes, and their models are usually more accurate.
    Logic would tell you that since the US is the biggest target, that we'd get it right. Of course, who handles our hurricane predicting, some major university in a hurricane-prone state like Florida? Naaaaaaaaa. Colorado State.

maumann likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8 a.m. track is wayyyyyy too close for comfort (center 50 miles to the east). Gassed up both cars and bought a bunch of grocery store staples this morning.

New roof may get its first test.

EDIT: 11 a.m. track is a significant move to the west, perhaps aligning closer with the GFS track. That would be mighty fine by me.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    maumann and Driftwood like this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

2 pm update
    Still moving west

74EBDB3C-6A1C-466F-8450-7081317468A4.jpeg

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Get the "F" out of here, indeed ...

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think they only update the track every six hours. That's why the 2 p.m. is called an "intermediate" advisory. Not sure what exactly gets updated in the intermediate ones, which they only do when coastal watches and warnings are in effect.

10. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

The wife and I are ready. Just have to move a few potted plants off the front porch. The best thing about this is that maybe I can time this right for my Tuesday-morning golf; with the right coming from the right direction, two par-5’s might be reachable.

three_bags_full likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The right is not coming from the right direction these days, but that's whole 'nother thread. :cool:

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11 a.m. advisory still had landfall inside Tampa Bay.

Draft saved Draft deleted