1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 30, 2022.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dammit. Sanibel, to me, is heaven on Earth. When I think about paradise retirement, I think Sanibel.

And there's pretty much just one way from the Fort Myers bridge out to Captiva.

Inky_Wretch and maumann like this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yep, they shut down ferry service when they completed the bridge. Hopefully there's a quick temporary solution. But I hate it for Sanibel. What a beautiful place.

3. jr/shotglass

I could spend a majority of my remaining afternoons at the Key Lime Bistro.

4. jr/shotglass

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I spent the week of July 4 on Captiva. My parents visited from Brevard County, too, to see the grandkids.

534F0BF8-005A-48A3-8BEF-744EECD1CA09.jpeg B7DD2B0D-9AE0-4339-BAD1-7A21FCBF70E5.jpeg 1288B998-8830-4323-9E94-C53C013F7BBC.jpeg A36132F8-0669-4F28-BFC3-C43C5E76508B.jpeg

maumann likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When I think of hurricane coverage I still think of this.

Huggy and maumann like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And then it didn't do squat in Clearwater, so JoyKaren will be even more obnoxious next time.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Events like this flood always illustrate what a complete and total moron Ronald Reagan was.

I suspect there are millions in Florida right now who can't wait for the government to arrive to start helping.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Before we begin, I thought I'd mention the one reason for our visit to Illinois, especially this morning at the state fair, was to bring a special message to American farmers, one of concern and hope amid general prosperity that has brought record employment, rising incomes and the lowest inflation in more than 20 years.

Some sectors of our farm economy are hurting, and their anguish is a concern to all Americans. I think you all know that I've always felt the nine most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

A great many of the current problems on the farm were caused by government-imposed embargoes and inflation, not to mention government's long history of conflicting and haphazard policies. Our ultimate goal, of course, is economic independence for agriculture and, through steps like the tax-reform bill, we seek to return farming to real farmers. But until we make that transition, the government must act compassionately and responsibly."

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

any request to clock in to sell postcards during this ought to be met in like.

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted