1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What’s to stop Musk from selling everyone’s DM history to the highest bidders?

wicked likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't be talking shit about my 17-year-old Mercury Sable (which still has just 67K miles on it).

And he will.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

According to the original SEC filing made when the bid was first announced back in the spring, a member of the Saudi royal family was Musk's principal financier.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

More spam to ignore. BFD. He’s laying $44 billion to get less than 1% return. In the end he’ll probably lose money and Saudi will jack the price of a barrel of oil by $5 for 6 months. is there a legit bank that would loan him 1/2 the purchase price.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Twitter’s TOS that you agreed to. Which, if it makes you feel better, are at least as strong the protections I have against being financially ruined by an unpreventable illness and my neighbors amassing an unregistered arsenal of firearms.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How long after the purchase will it take for new TOS that almost no one will read? The hope is the media reads it and amplifies anything sketchy.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder what was going to come out in the deposition that scared Musk enough to go through with the purchase at a price that far above the market.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Are you sure it’s not sketchy now? Did anyone care before?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I feel like we'd have heard something if it were, but maybe I'm overestimating all of us.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’d like to see the check clear and the metaphorical ink dry on the deed before I believe it is real. Didn’t we all just go down this road?

Draft saved Draft deleted