1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2022 running NASCAR, IMSA & other racing things thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Since it's during the Chase, I thought NASCAR would go with upper-body and lower-body injuries ...

maumann likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm glad we're past Ricky Rudd doing that, especially because it was at Daytona.

Davey, I can't remember where he did that. Was it Pocono, or was that where he got hurt? I don't know if shifting 1,500 times or however many is a smart thing for Cody Ware to be doing. Then again, these guys are shifting everywhere now.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, Davey did it the following week after his big crash at Pocono in 92. Cost him the championship.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ernie Irvan cost him the championship at Atlanta.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That is a fact as well, but if it hadn't been for the wreck at Pocono, the wreck caused by Swervin' Irvan probably wouldn't have mattered.
    Davey led the points by 46 over Elliott and 134 over Kulwicki going into that race.
    He was down by 70 with two races to go, won at Phoenix, and led by Kulwicki 30 going into Atlanta.
    Had he stayed on form, the title would probably have been decided before the green flag dropped in the final race.

I remember in April of 93 telling a friend who was a Kulwicki fan that I was OK with Kulwicki winning the championship because Davey would have his chances. Come July, I was heartbroken.

maumann likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I liked Davey a lot back when I covered NASCAR. And that Thunderbird was sweet.

dixiehack and Driftwood like this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Professional wrestling is more subtle than NASCAR leadership.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Batman and doctorquant like this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hunter Nickell! I haven't heard that name in a while. The former president of SPEED cable network and Raycom honcho. He got the boot a year before I did.

Draft saved Draft deleted