1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 6 thread: UCLA Confidential

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 3, 2022.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's going to be the toughest game of my life. My stepson has recruit tickets so we're sitting in the prospect section, meaning I have to bite my lip through every single Frank Cignetti run play up the middle on first down. I will have no cheek and half of a tongue midway through the third quarter.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There are four Big 12 games this week. The only one that doesn’t have a ranked team playing is the Red River Shootout.

Wenders, tapintoamerica and Oz like this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

S&P has the Big XII as the clear-cut second best conference in CFB this year and they are basically down to Oklahom State (and Kansas) in terms of playoff possibilities.

This is why the playoff will be expanding.

maumann likes this.
  4. dixiehack

UCF won big tonight, no thanks to Gus Malzahn’s play calling. After SMU gifted him the ball on downs around the Mustangs 35, he called a reverse pass for at least the third time in the game. Flushed out for a big loss, took another sack on third down, eventually wound up punting. He needs to just lean on the talent at hand and save that shit for when he’s trying to match Okie Lite and Baylor next year.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Homecoming Week at UAB means the Children's Harbor game, which has very quickly become a much loved tradition. Children's Harbor is a branch of the Children's Hospital of Alabama here in Birmingham. It houses extremely ill children (and their parents) who don't have insurance and have no way to pay for their treatment. Bill Clark adopted it as the team charity in 2016. It's only a few city blocks from the football complex.

Each player has the name of a sick child at Children's Harbor on his back instead of their own. The kids and their parents all get to meet their player and spend some time. All of them are invited to the game if they are able to come. The kids get their jersey, framed, after the game. It's become a big deal very quickly.

https://bhamnow.com/2022/10/04/home...hildrens-harbor-kids-on-back-of-their-jersey/

Click the picture on the right. Each player gets one of these so they know about the kid whose name they wear.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So which coach gets sacked this week? Will Healy at Charlotte?

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

USC as 11-point favorites feels like too much to me. On the other hand, I think it'll fire up my Cougs so I'm good with it.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. dixiehack

Ole Miss is down to a 17 point favorite at Vandy. Why?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I got Washington State at +12.5. Haven't been impressed by USC.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Last time Wazzu played at the Coliseum, the Cougars thought they could single-cover all of USC's receivers and gave up four long touchdown passes in the first quarter. I doubt new, vaccinated coach will do that.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'll nominate Fresno State cutting Jeff Tedford loose

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wazzu totes powerhouse now.

Draft saved Draft deleted