1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Just
    Just more screeching to his get-off-my-lawn viewership. It shouldn't be taken any more seriously than anything else he's ever said on the air.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

It’s all the avocado toast and soy milk that the kids are drinking today.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don’t know why you have such a hard on about this but that’s what I paid at a Shell station in downtown San Diego a week ago today. Turns out it’s gone up nearly a dime since.
    FYI I saw similar prices today in Pasadena.

Attached Files:

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A little surprised to hear the CBS Evening News breathlessly leading today's BRAKING NOOZ!!!1!!! with Hunter Biden. Wasn't even a scoop by that point in the day.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Everyone lifts now.

My wife remarks whenever we go to our alma maters ‘ football or basketball games, “Even the dorks are hot now.”

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I paid $5.99.9 at Costco today. Saw $6.69.9 at Chevron in Santa Monica last Saturday. I was in San Diego on Sunday and Monday, saw how expensive it was but didn't have to buy any. This is for regular.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can lift all day, but flat bellies are the coin of the realm.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's a somewhat odd race. Fung (R) was a pretty popular mayor of Cranston, one of the biggest cities in Rhode Island. Magaziner has easily won three races before this, but for State Treasurer and the primary for this race, which are significantly lower wattage than an open House seat. The area covered by this district - Cranston especially - is full of "church" Democrats who are less likely to care about abortion access. (It is similarly this block of Ds that blocked access to same sex marriage in Rhode Island for a comically long time.)

It's also a seat that was held by more of a "conservative" D than some wild progressive. Jim Langevin, the guy retiring, was pro-life when first elected, although he's softened on that as time has gone by. His niche was cybersecurity, and he mostly didn't get involved with the hottest of hot issues. Nobody got within 10 points of him since 2010, and from 2012 to 2020, he won by about 25 points each election.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's jet fuel for your Cessna.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted