1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If DoJ has the evidence to charge Hunter Biden, I'm ok with that. If that prosecution happens, I will not vote for him.

Until it happens, though, I'm going to put it beside "Matt Gaetz will not be prosecuted" in the "Seems odd, this DoJ really does not leak much" file. Funny how this is getting leaked just before the mid-terms.

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Fox News theory espoused by Mark Levin:
    DoJ is only doing it for cover for when they indict Trump

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I almost think people on the right would be more happy over Hunter being indicted for anything, than they would upset over a Trump indictment.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm not voting for Hunter, either — he won't be on any ballot anyway.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it’d be fair to say DOJ leaks on a lot of things and is probably not a bastion of lever-pulling conservatives at this point.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The DOJ is very big, and includes the FBI, which, Trump to the contrary notwithstanding, isn't exactly a left-wing hotbed.

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There was a cartoon years ago in Penthouse. A uniformed guy in a gynecologist's office telling a naked patient, "Well, it could be inflamed. But you'll have to ask the doctor. I'm the air conditioning repairman."

Sea Bass, Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is what I thought was obvious. A story came out saying that the FBI has enough evidence to indict Hunter Biden.

I just assumed the FBI sent evidence to an AG, and the DOJ is sitting on it (the likely reason would be the midterm election, but maybe it is that they wanted to firm up the evidence?), and as a result someone at the FBI was pissed off, so they went to a reporter.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The GQP, it's members, funders, and enablers, are terrorists and should all be destroyed.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The US Attorney responsible for the Hunter Biden investigation is a Trump holdover. Ordinarily all US Attorneys are replaced when administrations change, but this one was held over to avoid charges of political interference. I think the issue is pretty obvious. FBI agents' jobs are over with an indictment. A US Attorney's job is just beginning. A Hunter Biden acquittal, or worse, a judge dismissing the case, would not be a career enhancer. So the USA has good reason to be cautious. Judicious, you might say.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Only the best. The very best.

Draft saved Draft deleted