1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Christie always struck me as a sharp guy who could handle the rigors of a presidential role.

It's too bad he derailed his own ascent. He's pretty good at slugging it out with lesser political hacks.

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Magaziner himself seems like a decent enougb guy but he also reeks of political class elitism. Privileged son of a political insider (his father was the dictionary definition of “Friend of Bill”), goes to Milton Academy followed by Brown, does a TFA tour teaching poor people then goes to Yale Business School, gets plugged into VC, then punches his VIP ticket for elected office. I’m sure he’s a very smart guy but maybe the more blue-collar Dem constituency in that district can smell it on him.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Christie wasn’t so loudly anti-Trump until he had a book to sell — and I don’t think it sold well. He pushes most of the same policies but since he’s an affable fat guy, folks eat it up. He’s also anti-union. And a hypocrite. Don’t know much about his time as USA, curious to see how it looks 20 years later.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Christie was tainted forever in the eyes of the MAGGATS in the wake of Hurricane Sandy when he actually carried on a civilized conversation with Obama (in order to deliver federal disaster aid) and was photographed in public shaking his hand. Everybody in local yokel land knows that chocolate never washes off when you touch a mooslim neegro.

Smallpotatoes and Driftwood like this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I also remember Christie being the first of the primary losers to appear with and support Trump.

wicked likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This was the exact moment of his political castration:

[​IMG]

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Christie almost lost his life because he attempted to coach a mental deficient through his first debate.
    We're told Chris Christie is an intelligent person.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted