1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Class 3A, District 7 opener.

I think MaxPreps will say "District," when it's supposed to be "League." They're in different leagues.

Lyons, a Class 2A school, is 0-5. Their game with Nickerson is the only one in which they allowed fewer than 50 points.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Darryl Overton adamant Freedom-Woodbridge did not run up the score in 112-16 win over Colgan

Freedom beats Colgan 112-16 in a amatchup of 6A Northern Virginia teams.

Freedom coach says he didn’t run up the score, but he didn’t talk about running up a football factory.

The Freedom coach also runs a nationally known travel football org, with teams from 6U to 13U.

They recruit up and down the I-95 corridor and play games across the country from July until December. They use the public school for games, practices, etc.

Then somehow, someway these kids all get to ninth grade, and suddenly they all live in the Freedom school district, building a roster mostly out of these former travel ball kids they’ve fostered for four or five years.

So yeah … Freedom didn’t run it up on the field; they ran it up during talent acquisition over the last few years.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Norco v. Murrieta Valley was 69-63 midway thru the 4th when I fell asleep.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Was traveling so didn't watch it, but Mater Dei beat Bosco 17-7. They'll likely play again in late November at the Rose Bowl.

Songbird likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Norco won 77-76 in overtime. Cougars converted a two-point conversion in OT. 1,347 combined yards. Highest-scoring game in Southern Section history, eclipsing Bloomington over Artesia 82-62 in a 1994 playoff game.

maumann and Songbird like this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Adjusted for inflation, 144 points would be worth 275 in 2022. How did the left handed QB let it get to this?

Batman likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

See number of carries.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Dude's legs are going to fall off by the time he touches a college field.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This is D3 college, but I needed to share.

For reasons I can't adequately explain, I opened the (fairly prestigious D-3 conference) Football Notebook email and saw this unintentionally hilarious nugget:
    (Local college) first-year wide receiver (Joe Blow) returned 10 kickoffs against (Opponent) on 10/8, the most at any level of NCAA Football this season."

Local college lost 77-7.

sgreenwell and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

76-0 at halftime. And the winning team complained the losing team wouldn't shake hands after the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted