1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 6 thread: UCLA Confidential

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 3, 2022.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought Saban was gonna teach Jimbo a lesson for mouthing off about him, Pawwwwwl?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Aggies are hanging with the Tide and its backup QB, but there have been so many moments when they've looked like a very poorly coached team. Penalties committed. Time outs burned.
    ATM looks like it'll cover, but having one time out with 3:22 left and needing a stop is not ideal.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I had Washington State +12.5 and I cannot fucking believe I put myself in a position where I would have to root for WSU to not fuck something up in the closing moments of a game.

Batman likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Concourse at Bryant-Denny has that quiet murmur like when you pull a car out of a fishtail right before slamming a bridge abutment.

Batman and Chef2 like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What the hell was that play, Jimbo?
    Two slot receivers trying to run slants to the same spot, neither of them get off the line anyway (although one of them was mugged), and the other two reads appeared to be a deep fade to the left corner or a comeback to the right pylon that your questionably-armed backup QB has to throw through a pinhole? And the pass he does throw wouldn't have been a touchdown even if it was caught.
    Seriously? You have one play to slay a dragon and buy yourself another year on the job and THAT'S what you come up with?

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

Give. Your. Team. A. Chance.
    Brutal. It's like a basketball team throwing the ball out of bounds and costing itself a chance to attempt the tying or winning shot.

Batman likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I’ll say it now.
    Alabama loses at Tennessee next week.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tell Florida State that.

Tried to toss one into the end zone - in field-goal range in the last two minutes against NCSU - and got picked off. Not easy to tell if the receiver didn't run out the pattern or if the quarterback fouled it up. No matter what, it was a massive mistake.

NCSU had only its defense. Devin Leary was knocked out and Florida State badly mismanaged the game. Yes, I'm grateful for the win. But the sports media person still lingering inside knows the Wolfpack won in part because the defense came through in the clutch, but moreso because Mike Norvell and Co. badly mismanaged things.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The fine 15 undefeated

Alabama
    Clemson
    Coastal Carolina
    Georgia
    James Madison
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma State
    Penn State
    Syracuse
    TCU
    Tennessee
    UCLA
    USC

Next week 3 guaranteed losers – Michigan-Penn State, Bama-Tennessee and TCU-Oklahoma Sate

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bruins at Ducks in two weeks. Both teams off next week as the Trojans go to Salt Lake. Trojans and Ducks miss each other, but Utes at Ducks same day as UCLA-USC at the Rose Bowl (might have to remove the tarps).

Again, no divisions in the Pac-12 this year.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hear you – and my disdain for Jimbo runs almost as deep as Chef's disdain for Oklahoma ... almost – but I'm not sure even the brass at College Station is going to pony up that kind of money to make Jimbo go away that quickly.

One of these days, more ADs and school administrators - not just athletic sorts - are going to pay the price – pun intended – for ponying up the absurd amounts of cash for crap like this. Tell me it's the cost of doing business, and I won't disagree with you. But at what point will the absurdity cease?

12. tapintoamerica

Norvell's going to get Deion-ed after all, isn't he?
    I like the call to go for the TD because the kicker can't be trusted, but you just can't throw a pick there.

Draft saved Draft deleted