1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In ten years? Right now, today, there are freight barges and cruise ships stranded in the Mississippi River because the water is so low that it is impossible for them to move.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The article Az linked was about drinking water, but yes, they don’t have 10 years on many of those issues, either, such as the dwindling flow of the Colorado River.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK. Maybe it’s a true religion! The true religion!

But Greta is speaking of a totalizing life philosophy. In a sense, I have a respect for her monasticism, even if I think she’s being used. But one can’t read the article you linked and not come to the conclusion that she’s talking bout a great reset.

And we should be honest. We’re not going to do what she thinks - or what the people she represents thinks - we should do. She’s right about that. And we’re not going to do that in part because she’s a zealot.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’d take Ross Douthat’s worldview - and it has its own quirks - over the worldview of that essay any day of the week.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it's inarguable among the sane that finite resources - like water - running out could negatively affect a growing population.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Are you responding to me? You think the essay is about that mildly obvious point?

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

We all know that, bud.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’m sorry. All questions must be submitted via semaphore.

Hermes likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Women and members of Gen Z can’t possibly have agency to form their own ideas - My column.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted