1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which one is the Fonz?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why not both?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s gonna be Jack Benny and Rochester on meth.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm guessing ESPN's rules about avoiding political discussions only apply to discussions on ESPN's Family of Networks and that they do not apply to S.A. Smith under any circumstances.
    Seriously here: Since when do TV networks allow their highest paid "talent" to appear as guests of other networks' shows? Isn't this a bit odd?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Weird coincidence!

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, sure I do!

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Great reply in those comments: "You can't shame the shameless."

qtlaw likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Not that it's gonna matter, but I just gave Tim Ryan $25. Loved the smackdown.

matt_garth, Driftwood and SFIND like this.
  10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Vance came off as an absoluete idiot from the highlights I've seen.

That said, Ryan will only win a squeaker. Donny Dipshit remains popular and the state democratic party remains MIA. Perhaps Ryan can squeak it out -- I'm sure crossing my fingers -- but Vance kissing Donny's ass is probably enough (it's why he won a clown car Republican primary).

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t trust the voters of Ohio on Ryan/Vance until they prove me wrong.

The midterms, to me, feel like one of two outcomes. Either the Republicans win most of these tight races on the basis of inflation/crime and control both the House and Senate… OR, the Roe vote comes in big big big, not seen in most polling, along with the fear of trump authoritarianism, and the Dems get slight majority increases in both houses.

I see no middle ground. I hope for the latter and fear the former will happen.

Dems winning in this instance might finally be enough for the GOP to finally cut the trump cord.

Fred siegle and wicked like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you excluded the references to the Trumpist politicians supporting Vance and beeped them out, you'd think Ryan was a Republican. He has that vibe about him. It may be the blueprint in the deplorable states, which Ohio has become.

Draft saved Draft deleted