1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you think Greta Thunberg is fronting the climate equivalent of the “taxation is theft” strategy, then she’s a pawn. Then I’d have to think you also believe that at least some of scientific research is trumped up for effect. Then it’s not a religion but something pretty damn cynical.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's not that people want to live like that, it's that they realize unless changes are made we will have to live like that.

Azrael likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

World on brink of five ‘disastrous’ climate tipping points, study finds

Dr David Armstrong McKay at the University of Exeter, a lead author of the study, said: “It’s really worrying. There are grounds for grief, but there are also still grounds for hope.

“The study really underpins why the Paris agreement goal of 1.5C is so important and must be fought for.

“We’re not saying that, because we’re probably going to hit some tipping points, everything is lost and it’s game over. Every fraction of a degree that we stop beyond 1.5C reduces the likelihood of hitting more tipping points.”

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My spreadsheet from last year shows me as having spent $67 on clothes last year.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’d calling it erring on the side of survival.

There are so many unknowns when you fuck with the climate of a planet.

The right has used that uncertainty to stall for 30 years.

I don’t ride the center line. I’ll probably live, but there is also a good chance a lane and a half corn harvester is over that hill in October.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love how he set up his argument. If you believe this, therefore you must believe this and this, including climate science lies.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Very similar to the debate over macroevolution waged in their culture wars over the last 40 years, too.

Certain things are unknowable, so you can’t know anything.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

101940874-burning-man.jpg

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

doctorquant likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If we dim the sun, won't that greatly restrict our ability to rely on solar energy?
    I'm sure there's some convoluted way that less sun actually equals more sun in climate change world. Like the people getting that $100 to $200 million doing their research in Tahiti or Ibiza.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted