1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Is “I spoke to my friend Joe Rogan” the new “I did my own research?”

2. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

"Research" pisses me off. What you did was look into your own echo chamber and agree with what you already agreed with. I tried to do my own research:
    1. I couldn't get clearance for custody of a viral strain
    2. I don't have a laminar flow hood
    3. I don't have the education to warrant custody
    4. I didn't submit a hypothesis worthy of peer discussion

Fuck anyone's research unless their only job is immunologist.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I've heard of plenty in the cult sucking up to SPC, but this takes it to another level.

maumann likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Special model: the 1621 vac-coup-m

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The party of Hoover.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They suck.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dogbissell

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BTW, listening to that clip of Ryan undressing Vance reminded me of this guy's voice.

Too bad this clip doesn't start at the beginning of the chat.

This was also the final episode.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Headed? They’re already there, Jonathan.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Georgia race makes me think Walker might win - its close, Kemp is 10 ahead of Abrams in the polls and I have to think there are a few people who were polled who don't want to admit to anyone that they're fine with what Walker has said and done.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Possible, given that Republicans hate Abrams and will do anything to win the Senate. However, you can't really link the two even though usually there's a tendency to think people vote party first.

Warnock is the incumbent, which means he had enough support two years ago to beat GOP hand-picked Kelly Loeffler. Walker, on the other hand, has zero appeal to anyone other than hardcore Republicans. The state's base is gradually shifting as the growth is concentrated in metro Atlanta while the poor hick counties are losing population. And Blacks are polling 11-1 for Warnock.

Even the guy with 20 Walker campaign signs in his yard has taken them all down after the abortion story hit. Walker's campaign is all sizzle and no steak. And every week, something comes out to show even the sizzle is dawg poop. Walker's polled at 45-46 percent almost consistently the past two months. There are very few "undecideds" in this election. He needs momentum, but his handlers won't put him out in public because he's a loose cannon.

Abrams is very polarizing, has already lost to Kemp once before and has very little support outside of Atlanta. Once Kemp beat Perdue in the primary, he was a shoo-in for re-election. It's obvious the hardcore Republicans still like him and he stood up to the Orange Cheeto, which will sway undecideds his way.

But with an election this close, it's all about turnout. My gut feeling is you'll see a record number of people at the polls for a midterm, with so much on the line.

Now, if neither Warnock nor Walker get 50 percent plus one, all bets are off in the runoff.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted