1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There's a difference. If a bi-racial, handicapped couple of immigrants said, "Fuck Trump," there would be an obvious, actual reason for it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean I want to hear it from a stranger when I'm minding my own business.

OscarMadison, X-Hack and jr/shotglass like this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I caught one effing whiting last week on my long-dreamed-of spotfish safari, so just go ahead and assume that I hate you and will be planting a Trump 2024 sticker on your car the first chance I get.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FC993854-2EE5-4CE6-B6CA-74A38C458B05.jpeg But BLM and Progressives have been yelling that the jails are crowded with low level marijuana possessions and all of them minorities.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The pardons will expunge the convictions of thousands of people who were previously convicted of federal possession and have trouble getting a job or housing or a student loan because of the conviction on their record.

It also puts the Federal government closer to being in the same place as dozens of states that have undone their stupid laws, but still have the Federal government criminalizing it and creating doubt for the businesses in the industry and the individuals who are their customers.

Now they should follow it up by legislatively undoing the criminalization of victimless acts.

maumann likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It’s been trash fish all week, but my motto is catching trash fish is better than no fish.

7. heyabbott

Did FDR pardon those convicted of the Volstead Act after the 21st Amendment was ratified?

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Warnock has been ahead in recent polling, even by conservative pollsters. He’s gained up to 2.5% since the Walker stuff came out.

9. heyabbott

17CED2D5-A4E9-46AA-A6FC-1C64DF3B3072.jpeg Ma-nish-ta-nah

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn straight.

I’ll take stocker rainbows all day over 100,000 casts and not a single brown.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The minute a year ago I started buzzing my hair, as my hair line receded to a place I could no longer justify receiving real haircuts, people started just assuming the guy with the square jaw and a resting bitch face who exists in Indiana/Ohio is a Trumper and/or a cop (indie rock concerts are a hoot now because of the latter.)

I’ve taken to just tilting my head like a dog and saying “I don’t think I’m what you think I am” while smiling.

Driftwood and dixiehack like this.
  12. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, the “Was it you?” look I got from liberal friends after Trump won. The elbow nudge and “Can you believe we can’t have heritage?” comments I get in my hometown. I don’t care for the assumption, but I like confirmation that I am not easy to read.

Draft saved Draft deleted