1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Throw on a red hat, red sneakers and a flag shirt, turn the accent up to about nine and I'm good in the hood. Tried and tested.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Come in here, dear boy, have a zip tie, you're gonna spread the big lie
    You're gonna never ask why, just always comply
    You're gonna make it if you try, they're gonna hate you
    Well, I've always had no respect and we are most insincere
    The GOP is just fantastic, that is really what I think
    Oh, by the way, how far can we sink?

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
    We call it riding the Trump train

We're just knocked out, every MAGA rally is a sell-out
    You gotta stage a coup, you owe it to the people
    We're so happy we can hardly load
    Everybody else is just green, have you seen the polls?
    Even though we are just trolls
    We can destroy democracy
    If we all pull together as a team

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
    We call it riding the Trump train

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I've been registered unaffiliated all my voting life, but have little use for republicans at all and would've changed my affiliation to Democrat years ago. But I like that I'm clearly someone the GOP feels it needs to send me flyers, survey calls, etc. Keep wasting your money on someone who will never vote for you.

maumann likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have to mostly agree with your both-sidesism here. The bombshell recordings of the LA Democratic local leaders proves your point.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I can see it to a point. But only one man and much of his party tried to overthrow the entire government two years ago. That seems a bit more.

Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still not enough, but good.

2muchcoffeeman, maumann and garrow like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Exact same thing (down to the physical description - 3 bills, how the hell did I let that happen) happened to me the other day. I was walking into a Kaiser Permanente clinic, and had not put my mask on quite yet, when a woman matching your description, approached me, and said “thank God! Someone else who understands how stupid masks are!”
    I opened the door for her, and said “lady you got it completely wrong. I know these masks save lives.” She starts an anti-Biden rant, but the Kaiser employee manning the door wouldn’t let her in without a mask, and that was that

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

The Washington Post
    @washingtonpost

·
    33s

Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly $1 billion in damages to Sandy Hook families for years of lies that the school shooting was a hoax

maumann likes this.
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ah, c'mon ... Pink Floyd deserves better. I mean, I Wish He Were Never Here.

garrow likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Alex Jones: I’ll take I’m a fat lying pig for $965,000,000

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is where Donald Trump crossed the line, and the Republican party turned itself into an absolute disgrace.

There is a basic level of honesty and decency and caring about the country and the rule of law, etc. ... that even most destructive politicians adhere to. And he / they threw it out the window.

I can't stand Joe Biden in particular as a politician, I can't stand his party and its rhetoric, and I think politicians like the ones they give us have crippled our country. But I voted for Biden last election because of how dangerous and deplorable Donald Trump is.

It was a downright shitty choice, though. And beyond that one moment in time where I thought I needed to make a ballot statement. ... not being Donald Trump isn't enough to forever obscure who you actually are. I wasn't comparing Joe Biden and Donald Trump as people, I was pointing out that from my point of view each of the parties are selling something corrupt, in which they are going to use the power being elected gives them to pick winners and losers, while trampling on some people's individual rights. They offer slightly different flavors of authoritarianism, but the practical government we get out of it has been very negative for the country.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted