1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Spent enough time in Wisconsin to learn that when you get outside of Milwaukee and Dane counties, most of the rest of the state would give the rural South, Pennsyltucky and Idaho a run for their money for general lunacy and ass-backwardness.

Mr. Sluggo and Matt1735 like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I mean, it hurts me to say it somewhat. I can see Wisconsin from my apartment building. Food (Culver's FTW), beer (Spotted Cow FTW), maybe even the culture entire in Wisconsin are better or at least more fun than the U.P. or Minnesota. I've been a Packers fan all my life.

But in a way, Wisconsin is a pretty clear way as to why Democrats do so poorly in rural areas these days. Some of it is racism, yeah, but I guarantee you that on any given day, a majority of Wisconsinites do not see a Black person that is not wearing a Packers uniform. So when they see people on TV (or in Milwaukee) saying that Black people are systematically oppressed, they simply can't relate. They don't see the system, they only see the end product, crime and in some cases civil unrest. Most of these people, the only beef they have with the cops is if they get caught in one of the state's notorious speed traps (if you ever find yourself in Rosendale, Wisconsin north of Madison, slow the fuck down). The only interaction they have with the government is 1. being charged taxes and 2. being told what they can't do on their own land by the DNR or another regulatory agency.

As opposed to the "racism by heritage" you see in other parts of the country, this is mostly racism by ignorance. And when confronted by activists, they tend to retreat toward comfortable numbskulls like Scott Walker and Ron Johnson because they don't make them feel bad about themselves.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I would agree except that Mandela Barnes proved in 2018 he could win a statewide race by being elected lieutenant governor.

Fun fact: Mandela Barnes goes by his middle name. His first name is Jesse.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Democrats: Must portray themselves as normal
    Republicans: Can be as crazy as they wanna be....and win

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Yes, I have seen Making A Murderer.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. "Applying" for a green card (or renewal of a green card) is a lot easier than actually "getting" one.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Remember Milwaukee County is the place that gave us crazy ass black cracker sheriff David Clarke
    I remember when I lived in Marquette I would see stories from the Green Bay TV stations on this far right group called the Posse Comitatus who lived in the Wisconsin woods and were scary as hell

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

F*ck off, treasonous toad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and Webster like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wait, what? I mean I realize it is his way to suggest he had no real role or power whenever something goes spectacularly wrong but this makes it sound like he’s an intern fresh off the bus from Utica.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pretty crazy ending.

Slacker likes this.
  12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

It is amazing to me that it isn’t common knowledge that the final phrase in taking the 5th is “on the grounds it may incriminate me.’’

maumann and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted