1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

No shit.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I won’t call him Senator even if he wins; he’ll always be the guy who lied about paying for an abortion and pulled out a toy badge in public.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Just as I said it would, the anger over Dobbs has dissipated.

Which is exactly why the decision was leaked six weeks early, to give it more time to be absorbed, protested and moved out of the news cycle. The decision leak allowed the wave to peak harmlessly in early August in the Kansas referendum — where lawmakers will go back in January and fix it anyway.

It was a completely calculated leak that highlights the political bent of the five whacko birds on the right. They can read a calendar. And they were right — "My Body My Choice" has dissolved into "Buh Buh Buh My GAZ PRICEZ!"

I just wrote a column for half of the Washington pundit corps. I'll send my Venmo later..

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We hear you. But we also put in a reality idiot who is narcissistic, sociopathic and anti-Semitic among a slew of other issues in the White House. Georgia voted MTG into the house. Colorado put Lauren Boebert into the House. North Carolina put in Madison Cawthorne.

Proof that intelligence, credibility or a shred of decency have nothing to do with it.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Almost as bad as South Carolina these days. (Insert numerous other states here ... many in the South)

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mistresses
    Are
    Guaranteed
    Abortions

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Unless their candidate wins, then it plummets to 0 percent

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the evidence is pretty clear that to the Republican base which votes in primaries, the fact that a candidate is unqualified by being either ignorant, a horrible person, delusional, a criminal or all of the above makes them MORE appealing. It's a big "fuck you" to a country they hate, no matter how much they say the opposite. They despise America's ideals. They want to live under a Putin. These candidates then skate in because of the decisive group of irregular voters who always vote Republican because they always have without thinking about it too much.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

LOL

doctorquant likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

LOL LOL

doctorquant likes this.