1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All of that is true, but damn, he is such a horrible candidate.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma agrees with America’s least interesting columnist. Knock me over with a fucking feather.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It really is astounding what a low bar some of these states set for their senatorial candidates.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I've posted before, the fact Walker is a horrible candidate is a strength for him, not a weakness. A substantial percentage of Republican voters (not all or even a majority of them, but plenty) hate their fellow countrymen so much they actively want misrule and catastrophe. Out of that, they imagine, their white fascist paradise will emerge.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Aren't the ones in the class war worried about inflation? Yes, it's been weaponized by the right but I see the two tied together.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Having divided government ain’t gonna fix inflation, Pauulllll.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

It's always worked. Their racism and attacks on "others" has a long history. It's unfortunate so many people, perhaps with many virtues, believe that a trans kid or a book about racism are worthy of scorched earth hatred and attacks on democracy. But that's a lot easier and emotionally satisfying than real solutions.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“But I’ve been watching the campaign speeches by people like Kari Lake, the Republican candidate for governor in Arizona. G.O.P. candidates are telling a very clear class/culture/status war narrative in which common-sense Americans are being assaulted by elite progressives who let the homeless take over the streets, teach sex ed to 5-year-olds, manufacture fake news, run woke corporations, open the border and refuse to do anything about fentanyl deaths and the sorts of things that affect regular people.”

So the GQP does a better job lying?

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

“Ultimately: every thing wrong in the world is definitely the fault of Liberals, and specifically Democrats, and our only choice - even though all politicians are equally bad - is to vote GOP again this year.”

garrow likes this.
  10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know it's POLLS! And MODELS! And 538! And even NATE SILVER!

I get all that. But I can't help but think it's going to happen. GOP is probably going to win bigly in three weeks. And, for me, it's depressing.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to see how one could characterize his column that way given this sentence preceding the "But I've been watching ..." bit.

"The Trumpified G.O.P. deserves to be a marginalized and disgraced force in American life. ..."

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Check out John Schneider’s new movie trailer.

Draft saved Draft deleted