1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6-man from Kansas
    Ingalls 100
    Deerfield 87

Liut and maumann like this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Little Scoreboard on the Prairie. Nellie Oleson got her ass kicked again.

Liut likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kid for Ingalls in that game had 552 yards rushing and 12 TD.

Liut and maumann like this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

One thing I find interesting
    Can’t speak for all the TV stations around Tampa but one I watch goes big on Friday night high school football and another ignores it

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Probably a Nexstar station.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The one that does hs fb is

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Discrepancy in roster sizes? In the executions, does the loser often have a roster that’s nowhere near as large as the school’s enrollment says it should be?

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Our local Hearst-owned station gets highlights from nearly every game Fridays. I think they even take contributions from film crews, you can see the difference when the picture goes from high def to standard def.

Best job I've seen is from the NBC affiliate in Phoenix. Rembember they do early prime in the Rocky Mountain time zone, with late local news at 10, so they do their show at 11:35 after "Tonight." All the scores statewide, highlights of the big games in Phoenix metro and they'll even bring in a team and cheerleaders (and sometimes a small band) to the studio so they can all watch highligts together.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    Liut likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The day of celebration is approaching.

fossywriter8 likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Saturday game was 67-21.

Three times got to the 39-point margin (running clock at 40). Pick-six midway through the fourth got us there.

Took 2:40 and should have taken 2:05.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I got curious enough to run the scoreboard numbers again this week. Thirteen games with the winning team scoring 60-plus points, and most were area games (meaning populations should be similar.) In five cases, the losing team had 21 or more, including finals of 63-48 and 63-32. Even the one school I thought might be held back by a high percentage of Hispanic students turned out to be 93 percent white.

Defenses are starting to come around with the cooler temps. We had eight games this week where the winning side scored less than 20 points.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Covered a 14-0 game on Friday between two teams that loved to run the football. Ten passes combined the whole game. One team had a 15-play, 9 1/2 minute drive with one pass. Another had a 15-play, 6-minute drive with no passes. Game started at 7 p.m. and the final whistle blew right at 9. It was beautiful, man.

Draft saved Draft deleted