1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Seems like a lotta sound and fury resulting from an administrative stay.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don’t know if this announcement by Garland is actually a big deal, but I really wish he would read the room and realize that nobody cares about big announcements unless it has to do with Trump.

tapintoamerica, wicked and heyabbott like this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

abbott-

I am no admirer of Thomas but he was pretty well schooled for someone of meagre origins. People saw potential in him all the way up the ladder.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thought he was referring to Alito with that crack, to fill the eye-talian quota. :rolleyes:

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If there is a God, you'll know that feeling, asshole.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Republicans are making it political, blaming Democrats for schools going virtual. Of course, they ignore that their administration failed to properly address COVID at the start. They blocked funding that would have allowed schools to make the adjustments necessary to get students back in classrooms sooner. Sure, they pushed for them to be there, but without following guidelines recommended by the CDC to keep everyone safe.

They also point to where we are with COVID now as if that's how we were in August of 2020, when there was no vaccine. As with so many issues, Republicans are piling lie upon lie, relying on ignorance to sell a false narrative.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... the other guys took documents after clearing them through the National Archives and informing the appropriate agencies (CIA, FBI, DOD, Homeland, NIS, etc.) that they had been de-classified. Trump go over any of those hurdles? I didn't think so.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“ … and all the blacks, and the Italians … ”
    — Stephen A. Smith on ESPN c. 2006

I’ve tried finding that clip a number of times and I haven’t had luck. One of these days.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Senor Cruz : “Permission? We don’t need no stinking permission!”

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Do these people sound well-informed?

Draft saved Draft deleted