1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Finally started watching Reboot. Hilarious. I love Rachel Bloom, and you can see her influence in the scripts.

The entire cast is really good.

Webster and garrow like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finished up season 1 of Welcome to Wrexham last night and I thought it was really well done. Sure, there were certain parts that were pretty schlocky, but as a supporter of a smaller English club myself, I thought Rob and Ryan did a great job of catching the vibe of the supporters and what a football club can mean to a town.

I follow English football tables and knew that Wrexham was still in the National League this year, so I knew they weren't going up during the season finale. I like the way they handled that match, storytelling wise. They're in good shape right now, a point out of first 13 games in. Grimsby and Stockport, the two teams that went up during that season, are holding their own in League 2.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just saw the Sinner dropped a new season. Curious how they follow up from the last season.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m 3 episodes in and find it to be the best one yet.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Binged all 10 episodes of The Mole on Netflix over the weekend and I really liked it. I enjoyed the original on ABC a decade or so ago and this lived up to it.
    My only complaint is that they weren't contained episodes. All but the finale ended with a cliffhanger with the vote result in the following episode. It was fine on a binge but would have been annoying on a week-by-week basis.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jordan played a small but good character on Hidden Palms (with the likes of Amber Heard) which ran for 1 season but was pretty good.

Wenders likes this.
  7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm so sad about Leslie Jordan. Not only as Beverly Leslie, but his delightful little posts on Facebook were just a joy.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw somewhere Call Me Kat has nine episodes already done this season and has suspended production. Curious what the show will do - just write him out or have his character die on the show.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maybe they get a chance to do an "in memorium" episode, but the show seemed unlikely to get a full season pick-up - ratings have fallen from 1.8M an episode last year to 1.1M this year.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Reboot finale was pretty good. Hopefully we get another season.

garrow likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Vow (about NXIUM) remains compelling and profoundly sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted