1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

why don't you go read your Eugene V. Debs memoirs sitting nearby and give this forum a break today, big boy

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Listen to your neighbors.

They're all convinced Joe Biden personally caused inflation and gas is more expensive because he's shut down the oil industry.

None of it matters. Just be content to achieve as much as you can individually, because 50+ percent of your fellow countrymen are disconnected from reality.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

This would make a ton more sense if you were able to use the quote function. It's like one button press to do it ...

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I’m not the best on technology. Exactly what was the purpose of the closed captioning? Is it something new in debates? How did it effect Fetterman?
    Can someone explain it to me like I’m 5? (Thanks small potatoes!)

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Because of the stroke, being able to see the words along with hearing them helps him process the information more quickly as his brain continues to heal from the trauma.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

H's a terrible human being. He can be an effective speaker. It is not in service of good things, but it is effective.

Azrael likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Honda and LG have no other choice, do they? It's not like gas vehicles are going to move off the lots - or even be allowed to be built - in this regulatory climate.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Effective on whom?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Effective because the listener projects what they’d like to hear when they see him. But his actual communication skills are lower than basic. It’s like he has a brain disorder and is unable to form complete thoughts. He is disjointed in substance. He stammers by repeating words or phrases. He lacks rhetorical skills, can’t relate sympathetically or empathetically with his audience. He tries to speak in catch phrases but lacks the intellectual prowess to create one.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I Should Coco and Liut like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Someone needs to sneak "ratfucking" into one of these stories.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted