1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"The Sinner" is great but sometimes I just want to grab Bill Pullman by the neck and shake him because he can be so annoying. I guess that's good acting.

The woman who plays Percy was on some other show I watched but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

New season of White Lotus looks like it's going to be fun. Really enjoyed that first episode.

garrow likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We talked about this with Better Call Saul, when they started emptying the chamber with Gene episodes at the end of the run. ... The most recent episode of Atlanta, where none of the characters are in it but it goes into a deep dive on Goofy's blackness, made me think of that. Atlanta is in its final season, and it's earned the right to take some chances and do some strange things. I enjoyed it, but was kind of sad knowing that we only had three episodes left with that cast and one of them didn't have a second of Earn, Paper Boi, Darius or Van.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The last season 'does some strange things '? There were episodes that took place decades before, the barbershop episode didn't even have the star in it, and the Oktoberfest episode was unusual.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great episode with such a great ending scene.

Married father of 3 on Staten Island who works sanitation and sucks down Reds.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can’t stop thinking about the Goofy movie. They’ve achieved their goal.

8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

In.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If he ain’t shown riding the lawnmower down Franklin Road to the liquor store in Melrose, I ain’t watchin.

OscarMadison, garrow and Tighthead like this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Just finished the last episode of my favorite show in several months…Sherwood on Britbox. It’s a based-on-truish recounting of a murder in an an English ex-mining town where the townfolk have long memories and the scabs from the Maggie-era strike pay the price.
    Great casts, lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing.
    My one complaint is that this wasn’t featured anywhere in the series…

garrow likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Used to love collecting funny little things I'd hear on TV and writing them in a journal.

Here's a promo blip from '98 ...

20151107_115114.jpg

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I wanted to like Blockbuster on Netflix, but it's meh. It's supposed to be about the last Blockbuster store on the planet, but that's mostly just a backdrop for a typical workplace comedy with a will they/won't they love story. The leads, Randall Park, Melissa Fumero and JB Smoove basically play characters they have done on other shows. I've seen seven of the 10 episodes and will finish it, but I'm not expecting it to get better.

Draft saved Draft deleted