1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We had a big tent go up along the highway this week.
    It's that time of year.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My local Lowe's has a display with two Santas... one white, one black. I'm pretty sure some people's heads exploded and they didn't know why.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The hell with that. Walmart starts clearing out its garden center in •late August• for Christmas.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We got some Christmas stuff. And Halloween candy. And Thanksgiving stuff. And Hanukkah stuff.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely by design.

I expect the republicans to do well, unfortunately. So much of the data is conflicting, though. Early voting is strong and seems to favor Dems. But poll numbers are trending GOP.

Some of the right-leaning polls have really flooded the zone in the last week, perhaps skewing the narrative a bit. Part of me wonders if that’s also by design, if the Dems do well, to yet again have the maga morons bleating, “see, we were winning and they stole it again!” Gotta keep 'em angry all the time.

My head hurts. Make it be over.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    garrow likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

When I worked at Kmart in the 70s I put out a Christmas display in August

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

“Two men say they’re Jesus. One of them must be wrong.”
    —Dire Straits

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Independent voters: If the Republicans gain control of Congress, they'll lower inflation!

Me: It doesn't have to end that way. How do you know they'll reduce it? You can vote now, but how long if they don't reduce it?

[​IMG]

Independent voters: Gridlock will solve all our problems!
    Me: How do you know?

heyabbott likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brilliant.

another great movie that was better than the book. Such a perfect movie.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not for nothing but of all of the dark, sinister 1970s movies about how the CIA, etc., are controlling our lives, that movie might have been the best. Along with Marathon Man.
    And a great line from Max Von Sydow the hit man on how he justified his job: "I don't interest myself in why. I think more often in terms of when. Sometimes where. Always how much."

swingline, maumann and garrow like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering how much the Ds love playing the "fear card" to gin up voting turnout, I'm guessing they're fine with the Red Wave stuff coming out now - instead of the weekend before the election. It does seem weird that as technology has improved, it seems to take longer to get a result on election night. Throw in all the "Clerk went home with boxes of uncounted ballots" that are sure to surface. Always strikes me as incredibly odd when I hear, election workers went home for the night and will resume counting in the morning. I'm guessing it's not their Super Bowl and they get no pizza at work.

Draft saved Draft deleted