1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If I never again heard about Kanye, Trump and Musk, my life would be better.

Dipshits one and all.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Musk and Twitter allegedly close the deal next Friday. Musk then fires 75% of the workforce as reported in The NY Times. Will the existing news media pay Musk to allow them to Tweet? Will unfettered posts drive away all but the trolls. This is like buying the Pony Express in th summer of 1861.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Here's the kind of amusing thing to me - It was pretty damn quick, how things like Facebook swallowed up MySpace once that site started going to shit. The actual tech of Twitter doesn't really seem that great to me. In fact, it seems almost comically easy to rip off. Truth Social is gross, but it's not that hard to envision Musk pissing off a bunch of the relatively normal and sane users that make Twitter interesting, and suddenly, everyone is on TikTok's New Messaging Platform instead. (While politics obviously gets most of the media oxygen when it comes to Twitter, most of the popular accounts belong to non-political celebrities, or, fairly harmless shit like We Rate Dogs.)

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, it had a nice run.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He can die in a fire.

7. heyabbott

For all the bluster and posturing, Musk transferred $44 billion of his own money to the owners of Twitter. More than twice what they had any reason to believe they would get. All those fired executives and employees have stock and got paid off.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m so glad he fired all the management tonight; next up he’ll decommission all the OSINT accounts that have been helping Ukraine.
    Chaos is coming.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great!

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Is Musk entering the Howard Hughes stage where he starts growing his nails extra long??

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think he's been in the Tyson Zone - where any piece of news about him is at least plausible - for a while now.

12. heyabbott

Draft saved Draft deleted