1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ wasn’t this originally founded as a journalism board? Fuck me but the conservatives here have a point about trying to shoehorn every damn thing into the elephant-donkey lens.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It won't be Planned Parenthood. I'm not a troll.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Then San Francisco is broken. Anywhere I've ever been, if someone who clearly didn't belong in a given area was there, bells and whistles would be going off in a second. And you'd think if it's that affluent, it would be literal lights and sirens sounding.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A quick Google indicates that neighborhood has a lower crime rate than the rest of the city. Might outdated info though.

5. Regan MacNeil

It's ... the politics thread.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Glad, as always, to oblige my friends and neighbors.

Beadle_Bamford.jpeg

doctorquant and Regan MacNeil like this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Is this still true? Affluent areas also tend to have the best, most sophisticated security infrastructures, cameras everywhere, internet-connected alarms, etc. Run-of-the-mill burglars don’t look for rich targets. They look for easy targets.

Tighthead and Driftwood like this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

He could be a really stupid burglar ...

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Couple weeks ago I had to take off before the money was handed out in one of my weekday golf games. Turns out I'd clipped the group for $25 (it's a $5 buy-in). I was informed my winnings were being held for me by one of the Trumpier/Fox-ier dudes in the group. So I texted him, "Just send my winnings here ..." and sent him Pelosi's fundraising link.

OscarMadison and Regan MacNeil like this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Did he do it?

11. doctorquant

Doubtful, but I haven't seen him since.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  12. doctorquant

I'll take no more wagering action at the moment, but I will note that in my view there's a better chance my acquaintance donated to Pelosi than there is that her husband was attacked for political reasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted