1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching some of the '80 NLCS highlights made me wish the Astros would bring back the navy zip ups with the rainbow jerseys.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

October 28.

So, who won the World Series?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't you just have to root for a little snow in southeastern Pennsyltucky next week?

Exploding heads everywhere.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Like every baseball fan, I await the arrival of our next 'Mr. December.'

Fred siegle and bigpern23 like this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I misread that as SW initially and was about to invite you to go fuck yourself. :D

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - odd starting the WS on a Friday, but I'm guessing the point is getting out of the NFL's shadow. Too bad they couldn't do a TuWe, FSS, TW. And this weekend would have been a good Saturday to play a day game since the schedule is pretty meager.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Excluding the Trumpandemic year of 2020, in which Wild Cards were not specifically enumerated or identified as such, there have been 96 postseason series (I think) in which division champions and wild cards have met. The wild ones lead 50-46.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Seeing again tonight on TV in Houston, I'm reminded of being at G4 and G5 of the WS last year in Atlanta, when in every home half standing to watch the entire inning. Same in Wrigley in 2016. There's nothing like hopeful tension in baseball.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

I'm wondering what it would take to finally stop making a spectacle of it. A Carl Lewis-level performance?

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ms. Barr duet with Mr. Carl.

12. Regan MacNeil

This isn’t going to help Hall of Famer Justin Verlander’s already butt cheeks WS ERA.

Draft saved Draft deleted