1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely. If the call was out it would’ve stood. Never seen one quite like it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hall of Famer Justin Verlander now has the highest WS ERA ever (minimum 30 IP). He’s 0-6 in eight starts.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Really, how can that not be an indictment of his career? That's like Sergio and the majors, until he won at Augusta.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Verlander, Scherzer, Porcello, Sanchez, JD Martinez and Maybin are the ex-Tigers who have won a Series
    I’m rooting for Castellanos to join the club

bigpern23 and maumann like this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I hope if Castellanos wins, he thanks Thom Brennaman on the field, postgame.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I do not know why he was kept on the roster.
    hell I have no idea why he was brought back after stinking up the place in 2019. It’s like having a carton of expired milk that you put back in the fridge.
    But whatever. He got the job done. This time.

7. jr/shotglass

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The only thing Dusty did wrong in 2002 was give the ball to Ortiz as a keepsake. That was horrible, an in-your-face moment toward the Angels. None of his other decisions were wrong. His bullpen blew the game, not him.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Maddux has a losing PS record, and 2-3in theWS. A 900 win staff with one ring to show for it

10. jr/shotglass

Those dugout interviews are so intrusive.

HanSenSE and bigpern23 like this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I HATE them. I despise seeing a guy talk about what a home run or big hit felt like or meant in the third inning, when it may not mean anything an inning or two later. The manager interviews don’t do much for me either, but I loathe in-game player interviews.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Viva Las Vegas, verse whatever.

Draft saved Draft deleted