1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

From my cold, dead hands ...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just wait till they come fer ya tri-tip.

OscarMadison and Twirling Time like this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You’re right. Nothing you can do.

Might as well sit back and let these guys over run the right wing, because both sides are just as bad.

But hey: At least now it’ll be harder for you to have that abortion you were never going to have.

Fred siegle and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They ain’t voting for George Pataki, they’re voting for a nut job.

Fred siegle and Azrael like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And this bastard will be in the majority?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My guess is that Zeldin will fall short in NY. But the discontent with Kathy Hochul is palpable. Most people don't get that she doesn't believe in anything, it's all about her naked ambition and if it ain't bolted down, it's for sale with her. They also don't get that Zeldin -- while not a nut job the way someone said -- has the morals of a hyena. He's like a light version of Ron DeSantis, he knows better, but he makes decisions based on what is politically expedient in the moment, and that meant hitching himself to Donald Trump (which he now is married to).

The NY Post is working hard to convince people that a lot of NYC voters who vote D automatically are fed up and will be voting for Zeldin: https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/why-nyc-democrats-are-backing-republican-lee-zeldin-for-governor/

It's easy to laugh it off, I am sure they went out looking and after talking to a bunch of people, they found 5 who fit their narrative. But if you read their quotes, the common theme is that they are the typical NYC democrats who pressed a lever automatically, buying into identity politics in the past when stuff was being promised to them based on whatever they are interested in. But now that their particular group has been hurt by that kind of governance, they aren't so enamored by that kind of politician anymore. What some of them don't get is that the "The city was safe under Giuliani, Bloomberg and went downhill under Di Blasio, Adams stuff" has nothing to do with the parties. It's economic. Put Mike Bloomberg into city hall today, with the fiscal problems and the same economic environment, and the city wouldn't look any different than it does.

Azrael likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So your suggested course of action for him, other than not voting GOP in elections, would be?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I donated to Herself's campaign. I subscribe to The Dispatch. I make it a point to note Kevin D. Williamson columns that are good. I've looked into changing my name to George F. Will. Other than tweaking various dinguses 'round these parts, I'm about as under-the-radar politically as one can be. What else would you have me do?

(I ain't votin' for Beto ..."

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Illinois looks like that too, but Pritzker’s winning.

Azrael likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted