1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t her at the top of the list of people the Democrats could reach.

I think Hermes had a post awhile back outlining some misgivings about the current Democratic worldview that, ultimately, he’ll live with because he thinks we’re at the precipice of a Civil War. There are other voters who may not view it as a Civil War, and are simply turned off by massive list of progressive positions you feel like you have to sign off on to vote for a Democrat.

You vote Democratic as a moral imperative in saving democracy and the planet. The party practically says out loud that most voters will suffer in future decades - but it’s worth it, because the alternative is moral death.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So there are people who see the storm coming over the horizon, but CRT is a bridge too far?

I'd love to meet one of these people.

4. Regan MacNeil

Unless this whole thing is an act, there is no way Alma isn't a heterosexual white male.

It's not even the views themselves that necessarily bother you. You just don't want to be scolded for your privilege. That's all this is. That's your entire message board worldview.

Fred siegle and dixiehack like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That’s defamation Per Se

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Some not-insignificant portion of the GOP trades on the idea that Democrats are literally evil, stealing babies to feed on their blood while they hand the United States over to one world government.

As a party, how does the GOP come back from that? "Look ... we were just kidding about the whole 'eating their blood' thing, but we're serious about tax cuts!"

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm unclear as to the question you're asking here.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s time we realize that the yokels that blame Obama for 9/11 are the deciding voters. The uneducated Christian Right in places like Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, the heart of the Union Army are now confederates. The country is ruled by the deplorable backed by the Church

9. Justin_Rice

The GOP is sliding hard to the right. Liz Cheney is out, because she's apparently not right wing enough. Mitch McConnell needs to be replaced, because he's not right wing enough.

How does the GOP come back to the land of the sane?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Well, as a party exists to win (or to facilitate the winning of) elections, I suppose it'll come back when (or if) the insanity starts costing it.

11. Justin_Rice

And what happens if - before they pay the price at the polls - they start doing things like, "refusing to accept the results of elections," and "violent riots at the capital to prevent the certification of an election"?

12. Regan MacNeil

Yep. Exactly what I said. Until going crazy no longer works, the GOP will go with a winning formula.

Draft saved Draft deleted