1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Please, please lose to Warnock....

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, they’ll do it. They’ll just say that Dems are wasting their time focusing on the past, and BTW, there’s a new caravan full of scary people coming up from Central America. Dems will say they’ll just want to move on and look to the future.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t know. You frame it almost as a cult. And I’ve asked before here: How does one bring others out of a cult? With the “hey you’re crazy stop being horrible” approach?

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

But, wait; there's more. Even the crazies of the bunch can turn on their own.

In the message, shown as evidence, Rhodes urged Trump to enact the act, suggesting that he and his family would be imprisoned and killed if Joe Biden and Kamala Harris assumed office. He also suggested that Americans would "die in combat on U.S. soil, fighting against traitors who YOU turned over all the powers of the presidency to," the message read.
    Rhodes further pressed Trump to arrest members of Congress, state legislators and dissenting members of the Supreme Court who did not question the results of the 2020 election.
    "Go down in history as a savior of the Republic, not a man who surrendered it to traitors and enemies," Rhodes wrote.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tewart-rhodes-message-trump-jan-6/8247635001/

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I believe the razor blades were supposed to have been inserted into apples.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Back when we had a mostly functioning democracy, this was a valid way to think.

I have never voted straight ticket in my life. I was registered as a Republican until 2009. My lifetime presidential votes are Bush, Perot, B. Clinton, W, W, Obama, Obama, H. Clinton and Biden, and the only one of those that embarrasses me is W in 2004.

But the Republican rot is worse in local offices than it is even in Washington, and the rhetoric in those races is scarier.

I have a transgender child and one with pre-existing medical conditions. My older son is an attorney and can protect himself, but today’s GOP wants to hurt him. Today’s GOP wants to hurt my younger daughter by taking away the only fucking thing that allows her to get health coverage. That pre-existing condition would also put her and her unborn child in great danger if she ever got pregnant. Today’s GOP will leave my middle kid alone only because he’s a white cis male. And yes, I care about races in other states, because my older two kids live in Texas and Missouri.

Today’s GOP actively wants to hurt my children. So fuck them. I will be voting straight ticket for the first time in this election, and I can’t imagine the scenario in which I would vote for ANY Republican as long as I live until they stop acting like a goddamn cult and they stop actively wanting to hurt my children.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

The War of Democratic Aggression.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I always love seeing the Gravy SEALs say they’re more than happy to take up arms. If any of them saw the business end of a handgun, they’d start crying and shitting their pants. They’re afraid to go into “urban” neighborhoods because of the bad hombres.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention the Texas Attorney General, who filed suit to try to get the Supreme Court to throw out the electors from states Joe Biden won.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Indeed. He's a piece of shit and I ain't voting for him.

And it's funny you should mention that case, which was rejected by a Supreme Court that I have been told, and told, and told, and told long has been itching to re-install Trump as president.

Draft saved Draft deleted