1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're projecting a whole heap of stuff on me I haven't written.

The idea that communism - or whatever one-world government Greta has in mind - will somehow save developing nations....

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Who even brings her up here anymore besides you and your persecution complex?

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh and capitalism has done a fantastic job *vigorous rude gesture*

And there’s no projecting. When your argument of bbbbut capitalism you clearly care more about your boomer life than fixing what your boomer life created. But something, something religion. Something, something she wants to hurt puppies.

And before capitalism there were people theorizing a concept that dared to challenge the established world order and technology progressed to create the change. But you’d keep feudalism if it meant you could keep your serfs because something, something religion.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I liked Alma a lot more before he got the red pill shoved up his tuchis.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Offer me an electric vehicle for the same $9,500 I paid for my current gasoline powered vehicle, and we'll talk. Because that's my going rate to get from point A to point B.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Dust Bowl isn't a great example for your argument here.

A lot of that soil erosion was caused by intensive agriculture plowing up hundreds of thousands of acres of native prairie grass. When the drought came, that soil just blew away. So at least partially, the cause was man-made.

The US government intervened in the mid-30s with an intensive ag education campaign to teach farmers contour plowing. So at least partially, the remedy was man-made, too.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No idea. I think she’s pertinent on the climate change thread. The face of the movement is advocating for the overthrow of most western governments. It seems notable to me.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Agreed, but the broader point still stands: Humans have been moving about in response to climate change since forever. I'm not a paleoanthropologist and I don't play one on TV, but as I understand it the current scientific consensus is that climate change played a significant role in humans emerging evolutionarily.

Batman and Azrael like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What’s the red pill moment on this thread?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

'Adapt or die,' for sure.

But what if 'adapt' in this case means reducing our use of fossil fuels in order to avoid incinerating ourselves?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that ain't the dilemma with which we're confronted. Nevertheless, if we're confronted with that dire a choice ... why isn't everything on the table? Nuclear power? Geoengineering? And why do the more devout adherents of that religion agenda make it a point to emphasize the cis-ness of these or the white-ness of those? Why is "justice" a consideration? If survival is at stake, then nothing else should matter.

Azrael likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, Alma tells us that's Greta's problem. Articulating the whole truth.

It seems as if - for her at least - everything is on the table.

Draft saved Draft deleted