1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Beyond that, it’s the idea that Oklahomans by not having but concern over crime, are acting more thoughtfully the New Yorkers.

which I’m pretty sure would be the first time anyone on Twitter thought New Yorkers were acting less thoughtfully than Oklahomans.

like, maybe New Yorkers have an appropriate concern about crime that Oklahomans needs to wake up to. That could be an issue here.

Azrael likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At this point, Oklahomans would be more likely to put up a statue to Timothy McVeigh than act rationally in politics.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Here in Oklahoma, we don’t worry too much about crime because we all have guns. If the crime rate looks like it’s going up, we just buy another gun.

But shame on you for mentioning Timothy McVeigh. Because of that reminder, I’m going to have to go out and find a gun that can stop a Ryder truck.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    matt_garth likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As if McVeigh isn’t a hero to republicans in Oklahoma, and they are the majority there

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Not a hero. Mostly ignored.

Just about everyone touts “The Oklahoma Standard,” referring to the community coming together to help each other after the terrorism. The motivation behind the guy’s act remains mostly unexamined.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It really would. The generation that almost single-handedly ruined the great American experiment. Thanks for nothing, you greedy motherfuckers.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A couple funny things about that: They filmed the scene in an actual funeral home and there was a funeral about to take place in the next room. And nowadays, even the WWE admits that what they were thinking and doing there was fucked up and every once in a while, they’ll make a joke about it on air.

garrow likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm going to tweet out what the inflation rate was in 2020 and pretend-head-scratch why people are so concerned about it.

Azrael likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Let’s play “where does this ‘reporter’ work?” You won’t be surprised by the answer. Wonder if he’s filing any reports from Maggie’s bedroom?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Coastal Democrats wouldn’t send $$$ unless the candidates appeared, at some point, to be close to winning. According to Abrams, there’s a case to be made that she won in 2018. (I don’t remember much of the details from that race, my memory sucks.) Beto is a more questionable case but he was elected to federal office and Democrats were anxious to knock off Ted Cruz.

Draft saved Draft deleted