1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Beto is running as a professional Democratic fundraiser. It’s actually pretty clever. He raises a lot of money. So does Pete.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hear you, and because of your posting track record, I know you don't believe in violence, eye for an eye, etc. ...

BUT

Doing this makes people thinking in this manner no better than the idiots who thought railing against the 2020 elections justified the insurrection.

Do Democrats and others sick of the cult need to say more, stand up more, do more and not tolerate the crap? Of course. But this isn't the way to do it.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Help me God, I’m having a meltdown tonight after looking at 538. Chicken Littling to the max. Thinking we might as well just rip the Band-Aid off and start the Second Civil War already, just so dumbasses who never vote see what their inaction caused. Perhaps I’m sleep deprived. If I stay up any later I’m gonna have to start eating tapioca pudding. Goodnight. The rest of you should start drinking heavily NOW.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s the most baffling aspect of the left. Always has been. The “eh, you’re fine!” ethos when it comes to general crime.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you haven’t figured out by now it is going to be a GOP rout then I’m very sorry.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I don’t trust the polling sites, including 538, since they’ve been so off the mark the past few elections. Maybe it will be a GOP rout, but I think Nate Silver’s magic isn’t what it used to be.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And when the Democrats regain power, they’ll be like Doc in Cannery Row, cleaning up the mess that everybody else made — instead of stepping on their necks like they need to do.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I don't claim life is better without Cult 45 than with it...but why take chances?
    ---Billy Dem Williams

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I mean, I have, but I was told that we’re all Chicken Littles.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

GOP blames the Dems for fucking things up. Get elected. GOP in power fuck things up further, Dems get elected. But they can’t turn a cruise ship like a jet ski, so the GOP blames them for fucking things up and get back in power.

Rinse, repeat.

swingline and dixiehack like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What is the definition here of a "GOP rout?" Serious question. If they gain 25-30 House seats and wind up with 51-53 Senators, is that a rout? The Congress is so closely divided now even extraordinarily modest by historical standards GOP gains will flip both houses. Some anonymous GOP Senator told Bloomberg about the Senate, "not a red wave, but a red ripple." If that happens, what's your reaction?

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Many teeth will be gnashed and hands will be wrung.

Draft saved Draft deleted