1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Legends: From The Vanishing Hitchhiker to Wendy's Wormburgers and Beyond...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OscarMadison, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought it was McDonald's.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’ve heard Stevie Nicks attached to the stomach pump story as well. The Stewart version apparently traces its origins to him coming out of the Man U locker room and exclaiming something akin to “holy shit, I just saw Denis Law’s cock.”

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Remember the spider eggs in Bubble Yum?

Webster and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The story on McDonalds that I remember was that they owned a company called “100% Pure Ground Beef” so that they could sell burgers labeled as such despite being full of horse meat, worms, filler etc.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember hearing it as a kid in the mid-80s. The crazy part with that one is that it was all word of mouth. Kids in Boston and Chicago and California all heard it and passed it on. So it must have originated somewhere and from something, right? I don't know that anything close to that was an actual news story that got twisted. It was just a rumor that somehow went viral before going viral was a thing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Play a record backwards…
    Ozzy bites off bat heads…
    Bloody Mary and the mirror…
    Spontaneous combustion…

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

Wait, Ozzy didn’t bite the head off a bat?

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ozzy did bite the head off a bat, although he's always maintained it was unintentional. The story goes that somebody threw a bat on the stage at a concert. He thought it was a rubber bat, bit the head off of it goofing around, and all of a sudden he's a maniac.
    He also famously bit the head off a pigeon during a meeting with CBS record executives, which by all accounts was him being a maniac.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

EDIT: Sorry Batman!

Yeah that was real. He didn’t intend to do it. He thought it was a rubber bat until he bit down and realized it was an actual bat.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

got it. I thought there was some recent revelation that they faked the whole thing for publicity purposes.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’m shocked this hasn’t come up yet: Marilyn Manson getting ribs removed so he could suck himself off.

Sea Bass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted